jueves, 29 de enero de 2009

All about my avatar: Tamara Ashton


Why did you choose this name?

I choose the name Tamara because it was my grandmother´s middle name. She was born in Russia and that is why her middle name was Tamara. She was a very creative and intelligent person. There were always new horizons to discover and she was constantly inventing new things while she cooked. I chose this name because Second Life is an adventure for me where your imagination can flow...it´s like being a bird with lots of things to discover.

Is your avatar similar to your real life appearance?
The first avatar I created is quite similar but then once I started learning how to change your image I created several different images of myself. Now for example I have dark short hair totally the opposite of my real life.

Why did you create your avatar?
I am a fan of integrating web 2.0 tools in my classrooms. Second Life is one tool that allows me to discover the educational possibilities as a web 3.0 tool. I still have lots of things to discover and have been really lucky that I had the privelige of taking a training course with Dafne Gonzalez. Personally I think that there are still many obstacles to overcome before being able to teach English in Argentina using SL due to the lack of hardware and teacher training.

No hay comentarios: